Is PRP for me?
September 28, 2015
Platelets circulate in the plasma component of your blood and contain powerful growth-factors. With our technology, we concentrate the growth factors and inject them into hair follicles to stimulate growth. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) has the potential to help thinning hair get thicker and to stop hair from shedding. PRP is excellent for men and women – NY TIMES:
How is PRP obtained?
- PRP is obtained via a blood draw. The amount of blood needed is 25x less than a blood donation.
- After blood is collected, it is centrifuged to extract PRP.
How is PRP delivered?
- The PRP solution is micro-injected into the hair follicles in the scalp.
- Pain is reduced through application of pre-injection local anesthesia.
How long does a session take?
- Each session is 45 minutes
When can I see the results and does PRP need to be repeated?
- Hair grows slowly, roughly 0.5 inch per month. The results of PRP are continually evaluated, though the results are best judged after 6 months.
- For maximal improvement, we recommend the initial 3 sessions of PRP spaced every 6-8 weeks.
- If you are a “PRP responder”, which includes well over 70% of patients, then we recommend maintenance PRP 2 or 3 times per year.
Is PRP safe?
- PRP is exceedingly safe because you are using your own blood products and avoiding foreign substances.
What is the downtime?
- Downtime is minimal (<1 day). Most can return to work after a PRP session.
Can PRP be used with other hair treatments?
- PRP is safe and often synergistic with most hair treatments. Dr. Paul will guide you on the benefits and value of combination therapy.
Contact Dr. Ben Paul for an appointment
THIS FORM IS NOT TO BE USED FOR EMERGENCIES OR URGENT MATTERS.
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911. Click to submit your request securely.
HIPAA AUTHORIZATION. To the extent information in this Secure Form (a Vital Element, Inc. labeled service) is protected health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as amended, and its regulations (“HIPAA”), I authorize the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with this HIPAA AUTHORIZATION. I authorize the use and disclosure of all of the information that I have entered into this Secure Form (“Information”). I am the individual whose Information is included in this Secure Form or I am the personal representative of that individual. The purpose of this disclosure is to allow communication of the Information to a the medical practice from whose website I obtained this Secure Form. The Information will be disclosed to Vital Element, Inc. and/or its information technology contractors (“Recipients”) in order to facilitate communication between me and the medical practice. I understand that I have the right to revoke this Authorization at any time prior to my submission of this Secure Form by simply not signing this Authorization, but once I sign this Authorization and submit the Secure Form, the Information will be disclosed to Recipients in reliance upon my Authorization. I understand that I am not required to sign this Authorization and that any medical practice making this Secure Form available on its website may not condition my treatment on whether I use this Secure Form to communicate with the medical practice. This Authorization has no expiration date. I understand that the Information used or disclosed pursuant to this Authorization may be subject to re-disclosure by the Recipients and will no longer be protected by HIPAA. I hereby acknowledge that I may print a copy of this Authorization for my records.